Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Our Purpose For Existence

Our purpose for existence is to be loved by God. One day when I was super depressed, I just didn't understand why we exist. I had always thought I was here on planet earth to do some great work. Well, in my depressed state, I was pretty much just surviving. No good works were coming from me.
I thought of a man that was really strange and had no friends and wondered why he existed. I thought of my mother in law with Alzheimer's disease. She couldn't take care of herself in anyway. What was her reason for being here. At this point I was sobbing. "God," I cried out, "what is our purpose for existing?"
Then I heard God's sweet, gentle answer that changed my life forever. "You were made to be loved by me. If all you do is sit on my lap and let me tell you how much I love you, I will be pleased with your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment