Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Armor Of Light

Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. Romans 8:8-9a

Sunday morning I woke up feeling pretty cruddy. I was aware of my sinfulness and I couldn't do anything about it. Then I read the above scripture and everything changed. I saw that I was hanging out in the flesh and being very aware of my human limitations and failures. In my flesh I am doomed, but God was asking me to change locations and hang out in his Spirit. There I am safe. There, I am wearing Christ's righteousness. There, I am strong, loving , and good. This is because that is who God is. I am hiding in God and his goodness. He is wonderful and safe.

The next day, someone was rude and obnoxious to me. My tendency was to get hurt feelings. Then I remembered that I dwell in God's Spirit. I looked out of my God abode and found that I could see that woman through God's eyes. He had compassion on her, and at the same time, I was safe in God's love and approval of me.

This also brings this verse to mind. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. (Romans 13:12) God is our armor of light. Here is where we are called to dwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment