Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, April 1, 2011

You Are Beautiful

When I was a kid, I remember my brother crying because he couldn't love God enough. Later, as an adult I heard a friend say that he didn't want to just mouth the words of praise songs. He wanted his heart to be engaged and to really believe with his heart what he was singing. I know that my heart at times feels far from God too. These two incidences have really stuck in my mind and believe it or not, I have been pondering them all these years.

I have good news for all of those that don't feel like they love God enough. "We love because he first loved us." (John 4:19) I know, we have heard this lots. Hearing is good. Now let's declare this to be true. It is in God's word, isn't it? Lean back and rest in his love. Open your heart to his love and sit quietly soaking in his love. Don't go by how you feel. Go by what God says. You are loved. I even imagine myself on his lap, in his arms or even rest in in the palm of his hand and let myself feel what it would feel like if I knew his love for me. As we receive God's love for us, we will start to love him more and more. We will literally fall in love with him. "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." (Psalm 62:5)

Here is a song about how God views you.

No comments:

Post a Comment