Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Compassion

When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick. Matthew 14:14

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
Matthew 9:36

who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
2 Corinthians 1:4

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12

Years ago, I remember crying out to God and asking him to rescue me from the agony that I was going through. He said to me, "Would you have this, or would you have compassion?"

Of course, I answered in the way that I knew he wanted, "I would have compassion." So, gradually, I have been gaining compassion. I am a slow learner, but thankfully God is a good teacher. Did you notice that in 2 Corinthians it says, "all our troubles"? That means we will have troubles. It is inevitable. The good news is that God has compassion on us. He wants to comfort us. As we receive his compassion and comfort we begin to have compassion for others.

Yesterday, I started to realize that I really am getting compassionate. I told you I am a slow learner. I looked at a woman and started to criticize her in my heart. Then I remembered how painful it is to be stuck in circumstances like hers and I began to pray for her. God truly gave me compassion. I guess I did have to choose. But baby, let me tell you, when you have agonized over a trouble in your own life, it is way easier to see the agony of others and have compassion on them.

That was when I remembered my prayer long ago, "I would have compassion."

Thank you God for your compassion and comfort. Open our hearts to receive even more from you and to choose compassion for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment