Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:15

give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name Psalm 100:4

I had a nice conversation with my daughter and she gave me two more ways to practice being thankful. The first is, every time you see someone that has something that you wish you had, thank God for how he has blessed them. I love this, because my natural inclination is to either be jealous or be hard on myself for not being able to do what they can do. I have found this so freeing and I am enjoying the people around me more than ever.

The other exercise is to start noticing everything that you like and then saying, "I like that, I like that." You will find yourself being more and more aware of what you do like and less and less aware of what you don't like.

I have been working on these things and spreading the word about this great idea. It is so fun to choose joy and to help others do the same. This morning at work, it was like having a little joy party.

No comments:

Post a Comment