Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Where Will My Resting Place Be?

This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the LORD.
“These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.
Isaiah 66:1-2

I know, you have tried to be good. No matter how hard you try, you feel unsuccessful. "Sorry Charlie. StarKist doesn't want tuna with good taste, StarKist wants tuna that tastes good.” God isn't looking for you to be good. He is looking to be your God. If you read further in Isaiah, you find that God is really disgusted with those that just jump through religious hoops.

I can hear the cry of God's heart. He is not looking for us to be godly by our good actions and a little bit of God's presence in us. He wants right order. We are temples of God. He doesn't want to just dwell in us, he wants to fill us. He is the center, he is the truth, he is our all.

No comments:

Post a Comment