Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Be Holy

for it is written, "Be holy, because I am holy. 1 Peter 1:16

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Matthew 5:8

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Mathew 5:48

In many ways we are like a house. We need to be cleaned, and then we begin to immediately get dirty again as soon as we are cleaned. The house isn't able to clean itself. It needs to be cared for.

The more I understand dying to self, the better it sounds. There is such joy and freedom in surrendering to the owner of the house, God. I can't keep myself clean, but I can surrender to the one who can.

This morning, God was calling me to come into the Holy of Holies. I sensed urgency in his call. There is not time to get tangled in self righteousness, shame or pride. I see myself slipping them off as if they were a heavy suit with junk fastened all over it.

Our righteousness is limited and has no ability to make us truly holy. Remember, that is why Jesus had to die. He is asking us to give up our puny ability to be righteous so we can have his unlimited righteousness.


No comments:

Post a Comment