Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kingdom Living

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. Matthew 16:25

Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many? John 6:9

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Luke 12:32-34

Over and over there are examples in the Bible of God asking a person to sacrifice what they have or are capable of so that he can become their source. When the little boy gave his little bit of food to Jesus, he had no idea what would come about. God multiplied it so that it was enough to feed five thousand and still have lots of left overs. When Jesus sent out the disciples, he asked them to give up their own way of providing for themselves and to let God provide for them.

For the past few days, God has really been emphasizing this theme to me. The little we have to offer , our strength, our knowledge, our abilities, our understanding, our courage, are all very limited. We use it and it is gone. He wants us to give up what we are capable of and rely on him. This is kingdom living.

Yesterday, I had to do something that really scared me. I had a puny amount of courage, but definitely not enough to get the job done. So I gave my courage to God. Next thing I knew, he had multiplied it and turned my scary project into something much more significant than I had ever imagined.

God is calling us to kingdom living. It is far better than we can even imagine. Why limit ourselves to what we and the world have to offer? Hop aboard, God has great things in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment