Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Do the Impossible and Outrageous

So the king said to Joab and the army commanders with him, "Go throughout the tribes of Israel from Dan to Beersheba and enroll the fighting men, so that I may know how many there are."
But Joab replied to the king, "May the Lord your God multiply the troops a hundred times over, and may the eyes of my lord the king see it. But why does my lord the king want to do such a thing?"

2 Samuel 24:3-4

David wanted to count his troops to see how powerful his army was. His hope was to be in God, not a great army. I am realizing that this is exactly what I was doing. I was looking at my finances and my situation and being afraid. I forgot that my hope was in God. I actually became happy when I realized this. It was good to be reminded that my present circumstances have nothing to do with God and his care for me.

God won great victories for Israel with small armies and with large ones. It really didn't make a difference. God was the reason for victory.

Christians are not supposed to be doing what is possible. We are supposed to be doing what is impossible and outrageous. To accomplish our calling, we must put our hand in the hand of God, learning to be completely dependent on the Holy Spirit for everything. (The Nature Of God by Graham Cooke)

No comments:

Post a Comment