Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Come and Worship

I just got a picture of Jesus living within me. I am the stable. The angels are singing. The shepherds are kneeling in worship. All I can think about is how dirty my barn is. I am so busy cleaning and mucking out stalls that I am hardly aware of Christ's presence.

I remember once, when I was a kid, the pastor came to visit. We weren't big on a super clean house. We lived out in the country and heated with wood, so there was the potential of lots of dust. To make matters worse, we had black, Naugahyde furniture that really showed the dust. When we saw the pastor pull into our driveway, we scurried around, hiding clutter and wiping the dust from the furniture. I was so ashamed and self conscious the whole time he was visiting, that I hardly knew he was there. I don't even remember why he came, but I can still feel the pain of shame, that he would see us in our everyday clothes and home.

I think that today, Jesus is saying that this is what some of us are doing. We are perpetually ashamed that Jesus is in such a dirty stable. We forget to even look at him because we am so worried about being clean enough. He is calling us to put down our cleaning tools and come and worship him.

No comments:

Post a Comment