Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In The Bleak Mid Winter

“What can I give him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd,
I would bring a lamb;
If I were a wise man,
I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give him—
Give my heart.”
(Christina Rosetti)

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:3

So many times we feel thrashed by life. It can feel like mid winter right in the middle of summer. It seems as if we have absolutely nothing to give anyone. We feel destitute. These are the most painful times and yet the most glorious. We are stripped of everything and can't impress God or anyone else. Then all we have to offer God is ourselves. This is when we find out that this is what is most important to him. He is not impressed with all we have done to prove that we are worth loving. He already knows that we are worth it.

See him come to you and place the precious, vulnerable baby Jesus in your arms. Hold him close. Let his warmth and sweetness penetrate the winter of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment