Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Joy To The World The Lord Is Come

The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned. You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice in harvest.....For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing it and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord God Almighty will accomplish this.
Isaiah 9:2-3a & 6-7

"He comes to make his blessings flow, far as the curse is found."
(Joy To The World)

Several years ago, I was in Sarajevo. As I looked out the window at dawn, it was so beautiful to see the little lights all over the city coming on as people woke up. While I was remembering this today, I had a vision of a place near the center of Sarajevo where there is is a WWII memorial called Eternal Flame. Instead of the memorial, I saw the manger and baby Jesus. All around Jesus there was light. I felt like God was saying that when Jesus was born , he was born in the whole world. He had Sarajevo on his heart that day along with every place in the world. The little lights that I saw at dawn reminded me of Sarajevo waking up to know Jesus and who he is. As more and more people wake up the light increases. It all started in the heart of God. Like the above scripture says, "The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this." We, as Christians, do our best to spread the light, but God wants us to be reminded that he is the light, and he is the one that started the light shining and continues to do so. Our hope is in God. "He comes to make his blessings flow, far as the curse is found."

No comments:

Post a Comment