Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Red is the Color of Love

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

I am a rose of Sharon,a lily of the valleys. Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens. Song of Solomon 2:1-2

This morning, my prayers began for the people that are walking in darkness, both those I know and those I don't know. Then I saw a beautiful vision. It was a string of dark red lights that covered the whole world. God seemed to be saying that he is everywhere. He is in nations that have made Christianity illegal. He is involved in lives of people that don't know him. He is so beautiful!

I have learned that red flowers represent love. I guess whenever I picture the Rose of Sharon, I picture a red rose. I also know that God so loved the world that he sent Jesus to shed his blood for us. He died for the whole world, so it makes sense that this beautiful Rose is present everywhere. It makes sense that his light that is shining is red.

God's greatest call to me today is to see and acknowledge his presence in the world. I am not to be discouraged by the darkness. I am to rejoice that a child has been born. The Rose of Sharon is here like a lily among thorns. I would encourage you to respond to this call as well. Acknowledge and savor the beauty of your Lord. See this beauty in the ashes. Receive his oil of joy for your mourning. Lift up your eyes and worship the One True God who reigns throughout the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment