Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

You Are Making A difference

And as for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you
1 John 2:27a

You are the salt of the earth. Matthew 5:13a

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.
Matthew 5:14

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

The other day I went to a gas station in a nearby town. When my tank was full, the attendant asked, "Kathie, do you need a receipt?" That's all. He didn't say anything amazing. He didn't do anything amazing. Yet, as I drove away, I began to cry. I don't know exactly what happened, but it was as if God said to me, "I see you and know that you are my beloved. I also see your pain and care about you. I see that you are making a difference in the world and I am pleased with you." None of these words were actually spoken and yet that is exactly the message that my heart heard from God, himself. That man was anointed by God. He is truly the light of the world. He is truly the salt of the earth. He was just going about his business, doing the menial job that was given to him. Yet, because he abides in God he is bearing great fruit. It is all very mystical, but I know it to be true. We are light and we are salt. We are making a difference.

“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment