Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Right Shall Prevail

One of my favorite Christmas songs is, I HEARD THE BELLS ON CHRISTMAS DAY. It is based on a poem written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. His wife had died and his son had been seriously injured in the Civil War when he wrote this poem.

I guess it really speaks to me because I grieve over the lack of peace on earth. There is war and suffering everywhere. One Christmas I was feeling especially sad and this song really spoke to me.

Yet pealed the bells more loud and deep,
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth good will to men
.
"

This morning, God has the same message. He is not dead. He lives. He is asking us to look up and see the goodness of God. It reminds me of the time I was telling God everything that I thought was wrong in my life. Then God spoke up and asked me, "What is right?" That is what he was asking me to look at.

When Jesus was born, hardly anyone even knew he existed. He was a little baby in an obscure stable. Yet he is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He doesn't want to be seen as little in this world of hatred and suffering. He is God, and his goodness and mercy endure forever. I am convinced that we as Christians need to sing this, speak it, believe it, declare it. You need to know it clear to the core of your being. Remember, praise silences the avenger and the foe. As you, who know the truth, walk in that truth, the light of Jesus will shine brighter and the world will know that "God is not dead and that the wrong shall fail and the right prevail."

No comments:

Post a Comment