Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yes Lord

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered, "May it be to me as you have said."
Luke 1:38

The angel didn't just ask Mary to go tell everyone about the Messiah. In fact, as far as I can tell, Mary was pretty quiet. Jesus was in her. Then she gave birth to him and shared him with others.

Jesus is asking to be in us in the same way, to be part of us. He is asking to come and dwell in us like he did with Mary. He wants his home to be in us.

He is not just asking us to run and shout about him. He's not asking us to be good or do good works. He is asking to truly dwell in us. We will be like Mary and carry the Son of God. We can't give birth to him unless we carry him. We can't share him with others unless we have him to share.

I don't totally get it, just like Mary didn't. He is just asking us to say, "yes." It seems he wants to dwell in us in a way that we have never known. This is what we have been looking for our whole lives. This is what we were made for. If you say, "yes," you aren't saying yes to me. You are saying, "yes" to God. So let's do it. Let's grab God's hand and take the plunge. It's going to be good.

2 comments: