Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First Impressions Ain't All That

How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe. Psalm 133:1-2

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

I just spent some time with a wonderful lady. She is such an encouragement to me. Every time I hang out with her, I come away in dignity and ready to face life as an over comer. In fact, just thinking about her cheers me on. What's funny about this is that the first few months of our relationship weren't like this at all. I found her intimidating, and I steered clear whenever I saw her coming.

As I ponder the women in my life, I am aware of a whole list of people like her. As I look at this list, I am thrilled to say that each of these believes in me. If anyone speaks badly about me, watch out. These women will not put up with that. They would go to bat for me in a heart beat. I love these friends, and am so glad that God put them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment