Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rejoice In The Lord

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Philippians 4:4

Then Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance."
1 Samuel 2:1

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. Habakkuk 3:17-18

As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.
Isaiah 62:5

The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

God is asking us to rejoice always. This sounds like an impossible request. As I pondered how to obey, I became aware that the angels are constantly rejoicing. God is also rejoicing at all times. We are made in God's image. That means that rejoicing is in our DNA. God is only asking us to do what we have already been equipped for. Graham Cooke says that the Holy Spirit is the happiest guy that he knows. God is even rejoicing over us right now. All he is asking us is to join in and rejoice right along with him.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like looking at the Father and praising Him for what He's given is important. It's as if I get stuck in problems and can't see beyond.
    Thanks Kathie for your faithfulness...Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is important. In fact this is what God is asking of me. This is a major call on our lives. Not only are we speaking life over ourselves, but it influences the whole world. Very powerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete