Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just Come

Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live.
Isaiah 55:2-3a

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

I try and fail, try and fail. I don't know how those good sons can just keep plugging along and being so darn good. They say to me, "Just do what I do, and you will succeed like me."

I answer back, that if they would just quit being so darn good, they could come on a few adventures with me.

They then reply, "You squandered your inheritance. You're a loser."

I respond, "You have never truly lived. You have such a boring existence!"

Jesus speaks, trying to be heard above the ruckus. "Hey, leave it all behind. Come and follow me. You both need me. Neither is better. Neither is worse."

We look up and ask, "What are you talking about? We are already trying to do what we thought you wanted."

"Do? You think it's about doing? I am asking you to be. Come follow me and I will make you fishers of men. Come abide in me and I will cause you to bear fruit. Come to me and I will give you rest. Leave it all behind, your shame and your good deeds. Come join my army. I am your commanding officer. I am your friend. It's time for kingdom living. I am your king. Leave all behind that makes you better or worse. I have life, true life for everyone."

"Lord, we don't understand."

"You don't have to understand. Just come."

No comments:

Post a Comment