Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Piece Of The Puzzle

Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment."
Matthew 22:37-38

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

God gives you the desires of your heart. In other words, he is the one that gave you those desires in the first place. Then as you delight in him, he brings them about. A few years back, God said to my friend, "Could it be that your greatest desire is my will for you?" I love this. This truth has brought us great joy and hope. Today, I feel like God is revealing another piece. We are to delight in God. We cannot just delight in our desire, focus on it and hope in it. We are to delight in God. This isn't very hard because God is truly delightful. We just need to be reminded sometimes to get things back into perspective. The first commandment is to love God. Everything flows from this. Well, nearly everything. We love, because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19) Actually, I guess everything flows out of God's love for us. That is why we can love God, delight in him, and receive the desire of our hearts. Have a lovely and delightful day, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment