Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The World May Call You "Dumbo", But You Can Fly

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
1 Corinthians 1:27

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible". Matthew 19:26

"The very things that held you down are going to carry you up, up." (Mouse in the Disney movie, Dumbo)

"You can do it, Dumbo! You can fly! You don't need no magic feather." (The mouse in the Disney movie, Dumbo")

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

This morning I saw a crow, and it reminded me of the movie, Dumbo. I know it is all make believe, but on the other hand there is so much truth in it. Dumbo was weak, little and odd, and yet he was able to fly. That is impossible. Elephants can't fly! I know, but I am so impressed with how God keeps doing what is impossible in our lives. God is asking us to have faith. We are to hope in what we can't see. God will be doing some really cool "impossible" things in and through us. The world may call you, "Dumbo", but you can fly. God is proud of you and calls you "Beloved". By the way, I would love to hear one of your flight stories if you have any. Just post a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment