Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wanted: Intercessors

I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.
Ezekiel 22:30

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38

They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
Revelation 12:11

The other day, I was praying for someone and it was like walking through a fog that has so much substance that I had to push hard to get through it. I kept hearing a voice that said, "How dare you pray for them. You are just as guilty as they are." I had already asked for forgiveness, but the guilt and shame clung to me like super glue.

Then I remembered the scripture that said, "They triumphed over him by the blood of the lamb." I remembered that when Jesus died on the cross, he became my sin and I became his righteousness. So I looked away from my own guilt and the accusations and dwelt in the righteousness given to me when Jesus shed his blood for me. Then I boldly approached God's throne and continued to intercede for my friend.

I was surprised to understand that God seemed to be saying to me that as I prayed for my friend to be healed and rescued, I would get healed and rescued as well. This is one of God's principles, give and it shall be given to you.

So don't hold back. God is looking for people to stand in the gap on behalf of others. He wants to do good things for them and your prayers will help bring this about. Of course the enemy will throw up obstacles. That's because your prayers are really powerful. Have fun working with God and blessing those around you. You will be blessed and helped in return.

Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper. Jeremiah 29:7

No comments:

Post a Comment