Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Don't Give Up

"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. Psalm 34:5 NIV Bible.
When I was praying this morning I saw a vision of a little red airplane sitting on a runway. It was being told that it was no good and that it would never fly, so it may as well give up. I could feel the oppression of these lies like a huge weight holding it to the ground. The truth was that that plane was really good at flying. It was a nimble little plane that could do things that many larger, supposedly more capable planes could never manage.
"You are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
We each have different reasons that we have believed the lies that say we can't fly. I will tell you the thing I discovered about me. When I started school, I was actually a little older than most kids in my class and I was a girl. Therefore I had an advantage over quite a few kids. I was treated special and given lessons to do separately from the rest of the class because I was supposedly smarter than them. I believed it and so did my teachers. The truth is that I was just given a better advantage. In many areas of my life I didn't have the same advantage so I assumed that I was bad at just about everything. I would try, and when I didn't instantly shine, I would give up and call myself a failure. This was the biggest lie that held me to the ground.
Here is what God says. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 NIV Bible
I was giving up. There are people in all walks of life that have had an advantage so they make it look so easy. What is really needed is to know that you are created for good works and that you need to persevere. I have been researching people that are successful. Generally speaking they put tons of hours into what they are doing. Look up to God. He is cheering you on. I can hear him tenderly and compassionately saying, "Don't give up. You can do it. I have already equipped you for success."

No comments:

Post a Comment