Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, February 22, 2010

"Love That Is Not Always Easy, But Continually Worth It"

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:12-13 NIV Bible

This morning, God showed me a picture of him handing me a torch, and then he spoke these words.
"Go forth in dignity, My Little One. Know my love for you. Persistently love me. Care for the little ones that I have given you. Love them. This is one of the most powerful weapons I will ever hand you. In the face of love, the enemy must back off. There is no power on earth greater than love. Receive my love. You will go places in my love. It will be your vehicle for life. My love stops wars. My love heals broken hearts.You are subject to my love. We are a team. Let's go forth and conquer."

Below is a quote from an email sent right after Valentines Day by a young woman, Alyssa, that is fighting a life threatening disease. When I read it, I was so touched that I had to share it with you. In it she is referring to the love of her husband.
"I can't say I'm a big fan of the holiday (Valentines Day), but I am a big fan of love. The kind of love that is preempted by an understanding of God's love and Christ's passion for you. Love that tells you you're beautiful even when you have no hair. Love that wants to hold your hand so he can pray for you before you go to sleep. Love that is centered around the mercy and sacrifice of the Cross. Love that is not always easy, but continually worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment