Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fix Your Eyes On Jesus

"O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:16b-18 NIV Bible

Three Jews that were in captivity in Babylon refused to bow down to a statue that the king had built. This is how they responded when brought before the king by their accusers.

This passage says to me that we don't have to prove anything to anyone. We don't have to waste our energy on this. We must not turn and look at them. We are to ignore our accusers and instead worship God. There will always be skeptics, critics, and tattletales. We are to pay them no more mind than we would an ant on the path. We are to fix our eyes on Jesus and keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment