Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Surrender And Be Free

"Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship."
Romans 12:1 NIV Bible
Today, when I read this, I saw surrender in a new way. I always understood surrender as giving me away. This surrender that God is showing me is more like a freedom. I surrender trying to please man. I surrender trying to be good. I guess I also surrender living my life for myself. In return, God gives me an amazing freedom. I am like a dancer that is dancing beautifully to the music of God. I don't give up me. I become more me than ever. God sees my beauty. It is a holy beauty created by God. I don't really get this concept and neither do those around me. God wants me to live by faith. He wants me to know this reality of freedom. Sometimes this dance will be evident to me and sometimes it won't. That is why faith is required. I have surrendered my life to God's ability and to the knowledge that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am not a puppet. I am free, and yet, in that freedom I am fully who God made me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really beautiful. God is so good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Kathie! "If the son has set you free, you are free indeed!!!!!" I am FREE to be ME!

    ReplyDelete