Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, March 1, 2010

You are Winning!

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written,
'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.' No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35-39 NIV Bible
Last night I was really aware of things like unanswered prayers, difficult marriages, depression, unemployment, diseases, and earthquakes. There is so much suffering and so many disappointments. I guess I pondered this because some of the most Godly people I know are going through some of the hardest trials.
I remember when Job was losing everything, some of his friends had decided that it must be because Job did something wrong. If he would only get his act together, then everything would be O.K. Wow, they were so wrong! The devil specifically chose to pick on Job because he was so Godly.
So let's look at the facts and go from there. Suffering,temptation,disappointment, and even death are a reality no matter who you are. When I pondered this, a scripture came to mind, "We are more than conquerors through him who loved us."
Corey Ten Boom lived in a concentration camp. People she loved died. Yet, she came out loving God and knowing she is his beloved. Job, in his worst pain declared, "I know that my redeemer lives." Stephen, when being stoned, could look up and see the glory of God and Jesus.
We are victorious because we can go through all of this, sheltered in God's love. These things cannot conquer us. God's kingdom is here now. We are not of this world. Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33) God is calling us above the suffering. He is calling us to a place of hope and victory. You can't keep a good man down. God is winning and since we are on his team, we are winners. Look up. Hope in God. Know that your redeemer lives. You are more than a conqueror.
Here is a wonderful song that I heard on the radio that will be an encouragement to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment