Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God is Our Boss

"come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me; I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Mathew 11:28-30 NIV Bible

God is our boss. I am so thankful for this. He is the perfect boss. He is not demanding. He wants us to lay down our agenda for ourselves and be led by his Spirit.We are to lay down both ours and the world's standards for us. God is filled with dignity and is doing an awesome job running this world. He is perfect. He is respectable. He is kind. We can depend on him to always be right. He is fair. He is honest. He has our best interest at heart. He encourages us and praises us when we do well. He knows just what is required of us. He doesn't ask us to do more than we can handle and yet he challenges us to do what he knows we are capable of.

Other things and people rise up and try to lord it over us. They can come wearing a disguise so that we don't even realize they are trying to control. some of these are; other people, our expectations, fear, shame, anger, pride,other people's ideas. They usually discourage us or lead us down a dead end path.

I know that there are earthly bosses out there, but God is boss over all of them too, even if they don't know it. Today, God is encouraging you to surrender leadership in your life to him. It will be such a relief. You will truly find rest for your soul. You will also find joy, hope and a sense of anticipation of a great future in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment