Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Jesus Welcomes You

"This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." Luke 15:2b NIV Bible

I love this scripture. I am welcomed. I am not just tolerated. I am wanted. He wants to hang out with me.

I think that one of man's greatest temptations is to forget that God wants a relationship with us. We keep thinking that he just wants us to be "good." Then, when we start down this path of deception, we come up with all kinds of ways to sin without even realizing we have taken this slippery road.

Today, I had an agenda for myself that I thought must be God's plan. The problem was, that every time I considered it, I felt depressed. As I prayed, I realized that God was actually giving me a desire to do his will, and that his will had nothing to do with my agenda. First, he wanted me to draw near and know him. He reminded me of his character and how much he loves me. Then, he could show me what his real plan for my day was. Now, as I move forward in God's love, I am excited about this day.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36 NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment