Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Soul Finds Rest In God Alone

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save me from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:1-4 NIV Bible

God, himself is our refuge and help in every area of our lives. Our hope is in God alone. We cannot depend on our righteousness because it is as filthy rags. We can never be good enough on our own. Only Jesus' righteousness will do. We must rest in it. We cannot depend on circumstances turning out how we want. We cannot depend on people doing or being what we want. We can't even depend on God being who we thought he should be. He is too big and complex for us to grasp. This we do know, he is love. He is kind. He is safe. He is faithful. He is our father. He is our friend. He has our best interest at heart. Nowhere else are we safe.
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2 NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment