Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Praise Silences The Enemy

"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." Psalm 8:2 NIV Bible

There is an example of this in Mathew 21:12-16. The children are praising Jesus. I just love this concept of God ordaining praise from children. They are created to praise and it easily comes from their lips. I am reminded of churches that I have visited or been a part of where children are given the freedom to express themselves in praise to God. It is truly beautiful to behold.
The next part is what really jumped out at me. Praise silences the foe and the avenger. That means when we are trying to hear God and can't, we can praise, and the enemy will have to shut up so we can hear more clearly. This also helps when we are around others that are not hearing God. We praise and then God can more easily get through to them. God has shown me more than once how powerful this praise is. I have praised in the midst of darkness and opposition and seen miracles happen. In each situation praise didn't necessarily come easily. I had to choose to look at God and to praise him in the midst of very difficult situations. Each time miracles have occurred. God wants us to know how powerful praise is. It is a mighty weapon that scatters the enemy, heals, raises from the dead, and makes anything we are doing for God more effective. I encourage you to make praise a greater part of your life. It will silence the foe and avenger in your life and that of people you love. That is what God promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment