Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Are You A Wetland Or A Walmart?

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5 NIV Bible

Yesterday, Pete and I went for a walk at Ankney Hill, a local wetland and bird sanctuary. It was so beautiful with all the unique creatures showing themselves to us and singing their songs.

You were made unique as well. The problem is, you are being told that you are defective because you aren't something else. Maybe you are a wetland, but have been led to believe you should be a Walmart. You know, a one stop shop that has some of everything that anyone could need. As a result, you feel like such a failure. I have good news for you. God formed you to be you and no one else. There is no one in the whole world like you. You are not a defective somebody else. You are a wonderful you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!That really speaks to me. God is setting me free to not only be me, but to enjoy who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to someone today about this. She pointed out that a wetland is a sanctuary. It just is. It just sits there and is what it is, but then it becomes a safe haven for creatures. It is about a state of being rather than a work.
    I am also learning to enjoy me. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete