Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Is Who You Really Are

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25 NIV Bible

I have read Proverbs 31 on and off for years. It made me just want to give up in discouragement. How could I ever measure up? I saw myself pretty much the opposite of this. I have to admit that, generally speaking, the women that I saw as super women, had great accomplishments, but were not very fun to be around. They were more like machines than people, cranking out great accomplishments. This morning, God held Proverbs 31 up to me like a photograph and said, "This is who you are." He wanted me to meditate on my identity. Instead of working and working to measure up, and then always feeling like a failure, he wanted me to know that I am this already. This is my identity. God isn't calling you to be good. He is declaring that you have an identity of goodness.

I am reminded of my favorite speaker, Graham Cooke. He says, "If that thought isn't working for you, have another thought." God is asking us to have another thought. Walk in your true identity instead of always feeling like a failure. This is how God sees you. Why would you want to see yourself any differently. Go forth, beloved. Dignity is yours. God is proud to call you his child.

No comments:

Post a Comment