Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, April 9, 2010

What Are The Odds?

Good morning from Vancouver, B.C. I am here with my husband for a conference. This morning we were pondering life. We have been reading about Ruth and Naomi and observing all the things that could look like coincidences in their lives. The one that really stands out to me is how Ruth just happened to glean in Boaz's field, her nearest relative. What are the odds?


My husband, Pete, was pointing out things like that for us. Many years ago, Pete and I came to Vancouver for the World's Fair. We parked quite a distance away, so we took a bicycle taxi to the fair. Years later we were in Australia at a missionary school. Guess who was in our school with us? The man who rode the bicycle for the taxi. We are still friends with him today. What are the odds?


Last night we checked into a hotel with 20 floors. Pete went to get ice and found that 2 doors down from us is a man that lives near us and is in the same business as us. What are the odds?


God moves in mysterious ways that our puny brains can't quite grasp. He is moving, none the less. He is guiding our lives in amazing ways. We are not on our own. We are his beloved children. He has great adventures in store for us. He has wonderful people for us to meet up with. Watch, be aware of some of the great treasures that God has for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment