Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Rejoice In The Lord

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 NIV Bible

As I write this, I sense an urgency in God's heart. We truly do have a hope that the world knows nothing of. We are blessed and cared for by a loving Father. The list of God's goodness towards us could go on forever. I know that we have many trials too. This is part of life. Rats! Anyway, I feel like God is asking us to make a practice of rejoicing. One activity that I have been doing the last few days is, first thing in the morning, I start pondering good memories and the happy emotions that come with them. I savor them like a delicious piece of candy. I know that psychologically and even physically, this has an impact. Darkness has to back off and make room for joy. God is asking us to choose that joy, no matter what our circumstances are and no matter what the attitude the people around us have. It reminds me of that song that says,"I'm trading my sorrows. I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord." You can click the link below to hear this song being sung by Hillsong

Trading My Sorrows

No comments:

Post a Comment