Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Don't Let Anyone Look down On You

Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men. Romans 14;16-18

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

When my daughter was in eighth grade she started being picked on. It grew until she was suffering too greatly to leave her in the situation. I pulled her out of school to heal. Then she returned for the last 6 weeks. I asked her one day, "Are they still picking on you?"
She answered, "I don't let them."
Legalism drives me loony. A legalist loves boxes. They love to be in a box. The four walls don't feel oppressive. They feel safe. They will defend those walls to the death.
I hate being in a box. I am someone who thinks outside of the box. I am a square peg that will not fit in a round hole. I am a visionary and an entrepreneur. On the other hand, I am surrounded by box lovers that look like they have their act together. Then there is me. I am not even sure what my act is.
As I prayed this morning and read Romans 14, I understood that I am not to look down on box lovers and I am not to allow them to look down on me. God made all of us unique and wonderful. God is calling us to love who he made us and to love others.
I have been very good at being a victim. God is calling me to not let anyone look down on me. Am I going to believe that God did a good job making me? Or am I going to listen to negative opinions about me? It is my choice. I don't have to remain a victim. In fact, in 1 Timothy, after Paul tells Timothy not to let people look down on him, he encourages him to step out in the gifts that he has.
We all are very gifted by God. We are beloved. God knows us and understands us. God enjoys who we are. Don't let anyone look down on you. It's your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment