Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Don't Listen To Your Enemies

The king and his men marched to Jerusalem to attack the Jebusites, who lived there. The Jebusites said to David,"You will not get in here; even the blind and the lame can ward you off." They thought, "David cannot get in here." Nevertheless, David captured the fortress of Zion, the City of David.
2 Samuel 5:6-7

Don't listen to your enemies. That sounds like something that a well meaning person would say to me. Yeah right, and how can I not listen to them? Many times there is a place in me that actually believes what they are saying. They are just echoing the lie that I already swallowed.
This morning God brought a memory of a sad thing in my life. The problem wasn't the issue itself. It was because I believed I was unloved by the person involved. I responded with such sorrow and moved in a direction that I never would have chosen if I knew love. God is emphasizing that we make a lot of decisions because we don't know our Father God's love.
Here is a prophecy that came just now."Come and walk with me, My Beloved. I will show you life, true life. You have lived a sham of unbelief. Know my love for you. Be still and know that I am God. I will see you through this trial. I will show you the way. It is not through sheer grit on your part. It is the love of the Father that will be your vehicle. You will conquer. Do not be afraid. I will show you the truth and the lies will flee." (I looked up the word sham, and I found this definition;something false or empty that is purported to be genuine. That means that we actually thought we had unbelief when we really had faith. Remember, faith comes from God.)
Here is a verse from one of my favorite songs that speaks of this.
These sufferings, this passing tide
Under your wings I will abide
And every enemy shall flee
You are my hope and victory
(Praise The Father, Praise The Son, by Chris Tomlin)

No comments:

Post a Comment