Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, July 16, 2010

You Aree Mine

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

I am very aware that I have been looking at the symptoms of what is in my heart. I have worked with them from every angle until I am worn out. Recently God has been showing me that my outward symptoms are not what really needs attention. My heart needs healing. God has given me a prayer lately that I would like to pass on to you. When I sin or react in some way to life's circumstances that seems unhealthy, I ask God to shine his glory light down below the symptoms to the real issue. God is setting me free from so many things that have had a hold on me for years.
The above scripture refers to God picking David as king. He didn't look very impressive on the outside, but God knew what was in his heart. He knew that David had a good heart. So I guess I am making two points today. One is that God wants to work with the real issues and not just the symptoms. The other is that God sees your heart. Yes, he is aware of the dark parts that need his light, but he is also aware that your heart is set on him. He is pleased with you.
Our tendency is to look at our outward appearance and try so hard to be good on the surface. I am so thankful that God is going beneath the surface and healing us. I see a picture of him like a scuba diver with a light. He is bravely going into the places within us that even we are afraid to go. He is repairing wounded, broken parts. It looks to me like he is shining his light there and then gently kissing us. He has compassion on us. Remember there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. God is near to the broken hearted and binds up their wounds. He loves you so much and wants you healed and set free. Let him in to do this. Don't focus on what is wrong in your life. Focus on your Lord that loves you. Don't be ashamed for him to go deep in you. Open to him, and give him free reign to bring light into your darkness. Remember, he is the light of the world.
I am passing a song on to you that many of you have never heard. The lyrics are truly beautiful. It is called YOU ARE MINE, and it is by David Haas.

No comments:

Post a Comment