Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, July 9, 2010

A New Righteousness - The Real Thing

God is beginning to teach me about a new righteousness. He showed me a picture of the righteousness that I am trying to live. It is man made. I can't explain it well because I have lots to learn, but God's righteousness looks natural. It is just me, the way God wants me to be without man's goofy intervention.
God is asking me to give up the man made righteousness and choose Jesus'. It is about Jesus giving us his righteousness, maybe like an organ transplant. He took my self righteousness, which is filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), and gave me his righteousness. He became sin, so that I can become righteousness. (2 Corinthians 5:21) I remember being taught that justification means,just as if I have never done it.(Romans 5:1) In the end, when I stand before God, I will have Jesus' righteousness and not be condemned.(Romans 14:10) There is therefore no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)
Years ago, God told me that one day I would be naked and not ashamed. When Adam and Eve sinned they saw their nakedness and were ashamed. God clothed them in the skin of animals that were sacrificed for them. Jesus was sacrificed on my behalf. I am clothed in his righteousness.(Isaiah 61:10) I am naked because I am not wearing self righteousness. I am not ashamed because I am wearing Jesus' righteousness. I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment