Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Turn To The Lord

We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ has it been taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But when anyone turns to the Lord the veil is taken away. 2 Corinthians 3:13-16

I love learning new things, but there is a tendency to run after knowledge instead of God. Today I sense Jesus continuing to call us to come back to him. I am so thankful for his mercy. I am glad that he is so persistent. It reminds me of the scripture that says, whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." (Isaiah 30:21) There are many teachings out there. This is good, because there is much to learn. On the other hand, one can get caught up in teachings and leave God behind. This is how we get led astray. The Apostle Paul had lots of Biblical knowledge and lots of zeal. It wasn't until he encountered Jesus that he knew the truth. I know that I am stuck on this theme of keeping our eyes on Jesus. That is because Jesus is adamant about it. We need him more than anything. He is the truth.

I love music, and as I wrote this blog today this song kept running through my mind. It is even being performed by the actual composer.

No comments:

Post a Comment