Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Where's God?

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be darkness to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. Psalm 139:7-12

I remember going to a town in Mexico where I found Christianity gone bad. You could enter this place that was considered holy and find a dummy lying there. He was saint somebody or other. Anyway, if you touched him, you were supposedly forgiven of your sins. They forgot that it is through Jesus that we are forgiven. As I sat on a bench watching the people, I began to feel God's presence really strongly. I was very perplexed. Why was God present in this pagan place?
God has had people pray for me that were off track or looked down on me. Boy did that bug me! God showed up in the midst of their deception and bad attitude. God is faithful even when man is unfaithful.
I have watched movies and read books that some Christians even boycott. God used them to powerfully speak to me and draw me close to him.
There is no physical place that is free from evil. There is no person that has no sin. There is no way to create a perfect life here on earth. I know, I keep trying. On the other hand, God is in every circumstance he puts us in. He wants us to sit at the table, right there in the presence of our enemies and hang out with God. We are to dwell in the goodness and mercy of God, not the darkness around us. (Psalm 23)
We are lights that get our power right from God. God's focus for us isn't to run from the darkness, it's to know the light.
I am not saying that everything is of God. I am not saying that we should go everywhere and it will be fine. I just know that God keeps putting me in situations that others avoid and even condemn me for being there. Then he shows up and gives me a huge gift, right there in the presence of my enemies.
Don't be afraid. God is in our midst. God is our champion. God is our perfection. God is our light and life. God will see you through and conquer your enemies. The darkness can't overcome God's light.

No comments:

Post a Comment