Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, July 12, 2010

In Your Heart And In Your Mouth

Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so that we may obey it?" No, the word is near you; it is in your heart and in your mouth so that you may obey it. Deuteronomy 31:13

Yesterday, when the scripture was being read in church, I was thinking, "I would obey you, God, if you would only make it clear to me what you want." Then this scripture was read, and I almost laughed out loud. God is saying to us that we don't have to run all over the place trying to be taught about God. We don't have to feel desolate because we haven't learned something that we think is crucial. He is saying that his sheep really do hear his voice. He has put his truth in our hearts. God is faithful. It comes back to having our hope in God and his faithfulness to us. We can be at peace and have confidence that God will care for us. Be still and know that he is God. Cast all your cares on him because he cares for you. We live in a humanistic society that says that it is all on our shoulders. Aren't you glad that God is a good Father and that he is responsible for you? Rest in his love. He will show you the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment