Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Forgive And Be Forgiven

Our Father in Heaven
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our
debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Matthew 69-15

As I was praying this prayer, I came to the part that said, "Forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors." I was struck by how crucial it is that we forgive others. It has even been proven that some diseases are connected with not forgiving. We are not made to carry resentment. Jesus says that it is crucial to forgive. So I came up with a new way to pray this prayer. When I got to the part about forgiveness, I paused and asked God to show me who I needed to forgive. God wants to heal us and set us free, but it just can't happen as long as we won't forgive others. So, my advice for today is to forgive and be forgiven. Life will become way more beautiful if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment