Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You Have A Part

Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts. Psalm 95:7b-8a

God has given my friends and I a vision over and over of us being children in shorts and flip flops. We are in the midst of a fierce battle and yet we are not fighting. We are going forward and taking the castle. We succeed because it is so unexpected and because God is our armor and grants us success.
God doesn't want me to get bogged down in the battle. I tend to grieve because I don't want to be in the midst of the battle. I don't want the soldiers to have to suffer. My tendency is to help others with their part. I think this is because I don't know my own worth. So I try to either just blend in. Or I take up other people's battles. God has a call on my life. He wants me to just be me. This is what I wrote about yesterday.
Others call me to come and join them. Some even bless me for being such a big help in fulfilling their dreams. It makes me feel useful. God is asking me to follow him. I don't have the same call on my life as anyone else. I must be me, unique and wonderful.
God is asking me to lay down my misconceptions. He wants to tell me things that I couldn't hear before because I had expectations that were wrong. Because my call is unique, I can't depend on imitating others or even being praised by them. I must follow God. This is what Abraham, Moses, and David all had to do. This is even what Jesus did. He had to do what his Father was doing, even when it made no sense to anyone else.
God has a call on your life that is unique. Seek his face. Follow him. Today, when you hear his voice do not harden your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment