Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hallelujah! I Am Being Set Free

Rise up O Church of God! Have done with lesser things; Give heart and mind and soul and strength to serve the King of kings. Lift high the cross of Christ! Tread where His feet have trod; as followers of the Son of Man, rise up, O Church of God. (written by William P. Merrill)

God is teaching us to not be a victim to our circumstances and the attitude of mankind. This was really obvious to me the other day. I found myself vulnerable, and yet everywhere I went I was being condemned by man for being me. At one point I got hit really hard with this when I tried to speak to a couple in church and they ignored me because I wasn't legalistically doing things how they though it should be done. Right in the midst of the pain I sensed God asking me to be myself, even if others condemn me. He said that it is crucial. He made me on purpose. He reminded me of how he was despised and rejected. It was crucial that he be himself, no matter what others wanted from him. I heard him quote , "Rise up O men of God! Have done with lesser things." He showed me that I have allowed man to play god in my life by dictating who I am to be. He is pleading with me to let go and follow him. There is such joy in what he is offering me, such freedom. Hallelujah! I am being set free.

No comments:

Post a Comment