Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Why should I fear?

Hear this, all you peoples;
listen, all who live in this world,
both low and high,
rich and poor alike.
My mouth will speak words of wisdom;
the uttering from my heart will
give understanding.
I will turn my ear to a proverb;
with the harp I will expound my
riddle.
Why should I fear when evil days come,
when wicked deceivers surround
me-
those who trust in their wealth
and boast of their great riches?....
Do not be overawed when a man grows rich,
when the splendor of his house increases;
for he will take nothing with him
when he dies,
his splendor will not descend with him.
Thou while he lived he counted
himself blessed-
and men praise you when you prosper-
he will join the generation of his
fathers,
who will never see the light of life.
a man who has riches without
understanding
is like the beasts that perish.
Psalm 49

No comments:

Post a Comment