Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You Are Not Mary Poppins

This morning we read from 1 Samuel 25 about how God intervened and kept David from making a big mistake. David was going to get even with Nabal by killing him and all the males in his household. God sent Abigail to intervene.
I keep thinking that if I can just try hard enough I will be like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way. Well guess what. I don't have it in me. Neither does anyone else. I tend to be more like Peter. I leap before I look and, God has to go around fixing all of my mistakes. Others tend to look and never leap. Then there are those that appear to have their act together. Finances are in order. Health looks good. They are everyone's hero. Many of them are even nice to be around. Well, I am pleased to announce that they are not perfect either. I have good news for all of us. God is perfect. He knows that we are frail humans that need God. The burden of being perfect is too heavy for any of us. God is the perfect one. He is asking us to lay down this burden of perfection and let him carry it. He wants us to put our hope in him. He is faithful to lead us. He will make everything work together for good in our lives, even our biggest mistakes. The more we hope in God, the more we will be aware that he is at work in and through us. Thank God for what is right in your life. Be more and more aware of God's perfection. Let him carry you. You were never meant to be an independent orphan. You are a child of God, beloved and well cared for. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Put your trust in him. He will never fail you.

No comments:

Post a Comment