Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Bask In God's Glory

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

I have been having some spiritual experiences that I don't know how to exactly describe or label. This scripture was the best I could come up with today. Here are some of these experiences.

I married an awesome, kind, loving husband that loves me and believes in me no matter what. For years, I have been aware that he is reflecting Jesus. Just by Pete being who he is, I am seeing God and knowing the goodness of God in a way that is life changing.

Recently I was in alone in Bosnia and was really feeling it. One day while I was at a restaurant, the owner came up to me and asked me if I came with my husband this time. I answered, "No, I am alone."
He replied, "You are not alone. You are among friends."
I was so touched. God spoke through him and truly blessed me. We, as Christians are never alone. We have God, angels, the cloud of witnesses, and the body of Christ.

Another day, while there, I was climbing a hill that is meant to be a prayer journey. Again, I felt alone. Then all of a sudden I became aware of an unseen presence. It felt as if a friend of mine that has a very deep faith was walking and praying with me. I still am in awe of how much it felt like she was really there. It turned into such a glorious time of prayer.

Right now, I have tons of work stacked up. Some of it absolutely needs to be accomplished today. I feel like another friend is here. She happens to be gifted at being a boss. She is wise and brings out the best in those that work for her. I know that God is really my boss, but this friend is reflecting what God is like.

I don't totally get this. I just know it as truth. These people are reflecting God's glory to me. It is absolutely beautiful. The scripture doesn't say to be legalistically good so that people can see what legalism done well looks like. It says that we are reflecting God's glory. It is a truth about God's children. As our lives go on, we are getting more and more glorious. I am so happy to have people like you around. You are truly showing me who God is just by being his child. Bask in God's glory, my beautiful friend

No comments:

Post a Comment