Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. John4:13


My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me,
the spring of living water,
and have dug their own cisterns,
broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

Jeremiah 2:13


God's love is unconditional. This is where I need to dwell. I have been dwelling in man's conditional approval. My purpose for existence is to be loved by God. This love just is, without me doing anything. I would drink of the living water that Jesus has for me. I would be rid of the cisterns that I have dug for myself. I would choose God's love. I surrender the lies that tell me I don't measure up.

"Lord, let my belief system line up with yours. If you say I am lovable and approvable, then let me believe it."

God's love is based on who he is, not how I perform, not on others' opinion of me. He is love and he is loving. This is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment