Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

You Are Giving Life

How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.
Even the sprrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young-
a place near your altar.
O Lord Almighty, my King and My God.
Blessed are those who dwell in
your house;
they are ever praising you.
Blessed are those whose strength
is in you,
who have set their hearts on
pilrimage.
As they pass through the valley of
Baca,
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it
with pools.
They go from strength to strength,
till each appears before God in
Zion.
Hear my prayer, O Lord God
Almighty;
listen to me, O God of Jacob.
Look upon our shield, O God;
look with favor on your annointed
one.
Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper
in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the
wicked.
For the Lord God is a sun
and a shield;
the Lord bestows favor and
honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is
blameless.
O Lord Almighty,
blessed is the man whose trust is
in you.
Psalm 84

I was just going to have this scripture be my blog today, but I really became aware of the verse that says that that they turn the place of weeping into a place of springs. This happens in the life of the one who loves God. He is also the light of the world. Wherever he goes he is making a difference. His very presence is spreading life and light.

2 comments:

  1. Kathie, I am glad you shared. This is one of my favorite Psalms, especially the part about which you shared. I have always thought of it as us taking the initiative to praise the Lord even during the hard times. Thanks again for posting. Blessings my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time, we were staying at the home of an atheist that always felt obligated to bash Christianity when we were visiting. I spent a lot of time in worship. The whole atmosphere of the home changed. They became respectful instead.

    ReplyDelete